Silly Internet thing! Been a long time since I did one of these. A randomly generated soundtrack zombie apocalypse. Putting my bulky music library on shuffle and let’s see what happens. I’m cheating somewhat here because I have a lot of items in my library that aren’t available streaming. When that happens, I go down to the next song that I can find a source for.
1. Overall theme: “N.W.O.” by Ministry. This is already full of win, even if the rest of this playlist is songs from Disney movies.
2. Killing the first zombie: “Mambo Italiano” by Rosemary Clooney. All right, some comic relief. I get it–some cheesy Italian guy in a nightclub is trying to eat your brains, you have to keep the tables between him and you.
3. Chased by a horde: “Violent Dreams” by Crystal Castles. ‘Nuff said.
4. Killing a loved one: “Stoneface” by Veruca Salt. Couldn’t find a great version of this one online, but the song is PERFECT.
5. Finding a group of survivors: “Rusholme Ruffians” by the Smiths. All right, so we have fellow survivors, but they’re not very likable guys. I’m feelin’ it.
6. Meeting a new love interest: “San Liu” by Wu Man. Your love interest is a hot Asian girl/guy.
7. Making a final stand: “Everything Is Free” by Gillian Welch. Ah, one of those eerie bits where graphic violence is shown while stark acoustic music plays in the background.
8. Thinking we’ve survived it all: “Is That All There Is?” by pj harvey. Wow, that’s really perfect.
9. Discovering a bite mark: “Watch That Man” by David Bowie. “Watch that man / Oh honey watch that man / He talks like a jerk / But he could eat you with a fork and a spoon” OH COME ON
10. End credits: “It’s a Very Deep Sea” by the Style Council.